Contrary to popular misconception that you need to be good at drawing, these are actually my personal concept of the essential traits to being a great architect:
- Creativity – In architecture, you have to draw a lot. but that doesn’t mean you need to be damn good at it. What’s essential though is how you compose concepts, design concept specifically. Architecture is all about physically translating concepts and ideas for human use
- Spatial Intelligence – Architecture is three dimensional. You will be dealing with spaces and depths. It is essential that you have a clear grasp of complexity of spaces whether seen in flat drawings or actual spaces.
- Exemplary People Skill – This area has been taken for granted by many aspiring architects. In practice it is inevitable that you will have to deal with a wide range of professions to have your design become reality. Collaboration is a keyword for successful project in architecture. Your client may come from all walks of life
- Business Acumen – Truth is, architecture is also business. You have to be able to sell your service because there is a stiff competition in this profession.
- Patience and Perseverance – One project takes time. You will be counting years and years before one could be finished.
- Math and Physics – This is where our “art and creativity” differentiate itself from other visual art forms. You have to make your “design” work in reality. You concepts must be realistic albeit creative and aesthetically superior. With strong background in math and physics, you will be able to think structures beyond conventional to be possibly built. It is your engineer who will do the accurate calculations for you and build it physically. With this, you will avoid the dreaded argument between architect and engineer saying “architect, this design is impossible”, but because you have full grasp of math and physics, you will know that there is a solution.
Architecture Study Program at the University of Bengkulu Achieves International Accreditation from ACQUIN: A Step Towards Global Quality Standards
The Architecture Study Program offered by the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Bengkulu has successfully attained international accreditation from ACQUIN (The Accreditation, Certification, and Quality Assurance Institute), an institution registered with EQAR (European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education). ACQUIN is renowned as an international-level accreditation, certification, and quality assurance body, recognized by […]
“The Rise of Culture in Diversity” The Architecture Study Program was officially established on September 13, 2016 based on the Decree of the Founder of the Architecture Study Program: 336 / KPT / I / 2016. For this reason, as part of the gratitude and enthusiasm of Architecture Students to hold the 5th H.M.A.R FT […]